NOVA Comet II VS Midi Lathe & G3 Reversible Chuck - PACKAGE DEAL
Package deal comprises the NOVA Comet II Variable Speed Mini Lathe and the NOVA G3 Reversible Woodturning Chuck.
The NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe is precision machined from quality materials. Solid cast iron throughout adds to its durability and stability. Both the head and tailstock spindles are 2MT for strength. The Comet II enables you to create bowls up to 300mm (12") diameter or turn spindles up to 420mm (16.1/2") long. The power comes from a 750W (3/4hp) motor, whilst the variable speed control allows you to match the speed to the work with a range between 250 and 4,000rpm. The forward and reverse function is a means of achieving a superior finish using reverse sanding.
The NOVA G3 Reversible Woodturning Chuck is the ideal chuck for smaller lathes with up to 360mm/14" diameter swing. It provides a high power geared chuck option for the majority of smaller lathes. The 80mm diameter G3 is lightweight and, with a body length of only 45mm, overhang is minimised. This makes the G3 perfect for smaller lathe spindles. Less overhang places far less load on the lathe’s spindle and bearings. Making for smoother running and helps to extend the bearing’s working life. The precision machined 1045 high tensile steel body features an open back for easy cleaning. The hardened geared action delivers incredible smooth strength, offering solid, vibration-free turning. Requiring only one hand to operate the chuck key allows the other hand to hold the work in position. With its fast, positive location more time is spent turning and less time spent preparing. The Auto Safety Stop feature prevents the jaw slides from protruding past the chuck body. The G3 takes the full range of NOVA accessory jaws. However, please note that NOVA do not recommend some of their larger accessory jaws for use on the NOVA G3 Chuck. For more information, consult your NOVA Accessory Jaw Manual or the NOVA Accessory web pages. In buying a NOVA chuck, you can be confident that any accessories you have invested in will fit. The fully assembled chuck body and jaw slides come with 50mm/2" jaws, a Safe Lock™ Woodworm Screw, manual and fastenings, storage box, T-bar chuck key and a 2 year warranty.
NOVA Comet II Variable Speed Mini Lathe
• Precision machined from quality materials
• Solid cast iron bed for durability and stability
• 2MT head and tailstock spindles for strength
• 300mm(12") swing, 420mm(16.1/2") between centres
• 750W(3/4hp) motor with variable speed control 250 to 4,000rpm
• Forward and reverse function gives superior finish using reverse sanding
NOVA G3 Reversible Woodturning Chuck
• A high power geared chuck ideal for the lathes up to 360mm/14" diameter swing
• Precision machined 1045 high tensile steel body with open back for easy cleaning
• Hardened geared action delivers incredible smooth strength, 2 year warranty
• Lightweight, body length of only 45mm, minimal overhang
• Places far less load on the lathe’s spindle and bearings for solid, vibration-free turning
• Single handed operation and fast, positive location
• Auto Safety Stop feature prevents the jaw slides protruding past the chuck body
Fully assembled chuck body and jaw slides supplied with 50mm/2" jaws, a Safe Lock™ Woodworm Screw, manual and fastenings, storage box, T-bar chuck key. This chuck will require an optional insert to fit your lathe at an extra cost.
This is an outstanding offer for both the beginner / novice and the more advanced woodturners and is an ideal package for the woodturner who enjoys making pens at the lathe and the many other woodturning projects at the lathe